Vaser lipo is a less invasive alternative to traditional liposuction. It is ideal for patients who are trying to get rid of fat from areas that are resistant to diet and exercise and the minimal downtime means that patients are able to return to their normal daily activities only 48 hours after the procedure.
|Go from this ………||To this………|
Selective, quick, gentle
The Vaser lipo system is a liposuction method which removes fat with minimum disturbance to the body. It aims to produce a slimmer silhouette and is proven to obtain faster, smoother results than more traditional modes of liposuction.
Vaser lipo is ideal for removing stubborn fatty deposits from focused areas that are resistant to diet and exercise in both women and men. These areas include:
Vaser is less invasive than other liposuction treatments. This means: a faster procedure, faster recovery time and faster visible results. It replaces the forceful physical effort of traditional liposuction with targeted technology. It only requires local anaesthetic and results in less pain and scarring afterwards.
Vaser lipo uses ultrasound energy to break down fat cells which are then easily removed by suction and lymphatic drainage massage. The sound-waves only affect fat cells, leaving other types of tissue (e.g. nerves, blood vessels) intact. This greatly reduces the risk of trauma and inconsistent results. Vaser also stimulates collagen production and tightens the flesh, thus minimising the possibility of loose skin after the procedure.
Is Vaser for you?
Vaser lipo is ideal for healthy men or women who would like to reduce fat deposits in areas of their bodies that are resistant to other methods of fat loss. It is not designed to treat obesity.
What does it cost?
A consultation with one of our clinical experts will determine how many treatments will be required by assessing how much fat is to be removed and how many areas the fat is to be removed from. Typically we can treat up to three areas in one procedure. Examples of one area include: the upper or lower abdomen, both upper arms, both outer thighs, both male breasts, both calves, the chin. You can get a rough idea of costs by contacting one of our clinics, with accurate pricing being given at consultation.
How long does it take?
A day is usually required to allow for travel time. The procedure itself usually takes between one and three hours, with exact procedure time depending on the size of the area(s) being treated.
Patients are free to leave the clinic when they feel ready after the procedure. Unlike traditional methods of liposuction, Vaser does not require general anaesthetic so there is no overnight hospital stay.
What happens during the procedure?
The procedure is carried out in a sterile medical environment. A wet local anaesthetic is applied to stop pain, reduce bleeding, and help the ultrasound technology to work. Slight incisions (in an inconspicuous area) are made in the skin and slim probes are inserted. These probes emit sound waves through grooves in their sides, dispersing the effect over a wide area. The ultrasound energy breaks down fat cells, making them easier to remove with suction.
How long does it take to recover?
Most patients can return to their normal daily activities within two days.
It is recommended that vigorous physical activity is avoided for at least six weeks after the procedure. The practitioner will be able to advise you on when you can resume vigorous physical activity during your follow-up assessments.
You will be required to wear a compression garment on the treated area for eight weeks following the procedure. These garments are able to be worn discreetly under clothes, and for areas where garments would be visible, e.g. the chin, the garment will only need to be worn at night after the initial recovery period. This is to prevent seroma (collection of fluid), to enhance your body’s natural lymphatic system, and to enhance skin retraction which improves the final appearance of the treated area. Your practitioner will advise you on exactly when you will need to wear the compression garment.
Are there any side effects?
The procedure is extremely safe and bruising and swelling should be minimal, with nothing stronger than paracetamol required to relieve pain. However, as with all surgical procedures, there are some associated risks:
- Pain: analgesia will be given post-procedure and you will be advised to take this regularly.
- Post-procedure bleeding: it is possible to have a small amount of oozing post-procedure. Extra pads will be given to you for such an occurrence. You are advised to wear dark, loose clothing on the day of the treatment because of this. Using a towel over bedding on the first night is also advised.
- Alcohol, aspirin and anti-inflammatory medication is not recommended for one week pre-procedure.
- Bruising: bruising is common following treatment and generally lasts for around 10 – 14 days, perhaps longer for some patients.
- Infection: is rare but a possibility. We prescribe low dose antibiotics for 7 days following the procedure. It is important that you take these and finish the course.
- Swelling: is common after the procedure. We prescribe an anti-inflammatory medication for a few days post-procedure.
- Scarring: small incisions are made in the skin which will heal overtime. Wound healing is affected by lifestyle, e.g. smoking can have an adverse effect on healing.
- Burn: it is rare but the ultrasonic energy from the hand-piece may cause a burn around the incision site. There is also a small risk of discolouration of the skin around the operation area.
- Seroma: collection of fluid is high risk on the abdomen but can occur on any area. Wearing the garment is paramount. Do not remove the garment except to wash/bathe, after which you should put it immediately back on.
Over one million procedures have been performed worldwide without a single serious incident having been reported.
When will results be visible?
The effects of vaser liposuction are immediately obvious, with the final result becoming apparent between three and six months after treatment as the body will continue to break down fat cells during this time.
Will I quickly regain the same fat afterwards?
No. If a healthy diet and exercise routine are followed, the fat should not return. Any future weight gain will be distributed proportionately over the whole body.
To book a consultation or speak to a member of our team you can call one of our clinics, or fill in the contact form on the right and we will be in touch:
Manchester – 0161 839 7663
Leeds – 01132 230 735