Some interesting trends have been identified from the most recent cosmetic industry review:
- 17 – the age at which most women start thinking about having cosmetic surgery
- 21 – the estimated average age for first operations.
- 30s – the age bracket which men spend the most on skincare and grooming products, at £100 per month.
- Liposuction under local anaesthetic, such as Vaser lipo, is faster growing.
The vast majority of these procedures are available at Skin Medical in Manchester and Leeds. To find out more about each treatment, click on the associated hyperlinks.
- Radiofrequency for Facial Rejuvenation (up 1 place)
- Laser and IPL Hair Removal (down 1 place)
- Penile Augmentation Surgery (non-mover)
- Vaginal Surgery (Labiaplasty) (up 3 places)
- Laser Tattoo Removal (down 1 place)
- Dermal Fillers (down 1 place)
- Specialist Skin Cream (up 3 places)
- Microdermabrasion (non-mover)
- Radiofrequency for Cellulite and Fat (up 4 places)
- Fractional Laser Skin Resurfacing (down 3 places)
- Laser and IPL Skin Rejuvenation (non-mover)
- Chemical Peels (non-mover)
- Ultrasonic Body Contouring (down 5 places)
As there is so much information available online or directly from clinics, it really is worth taking extra time to do your research before undergoing any treatment. A little bit of extra research can potentially show you treatments that will be more suitable for you. The cosmetic industry is constantly evolving, so it is always a good idea to see what are the newest and most popular treatments.
Most Popular Clinic Searches by Treatment or Procedure
- Laser and IPL Hair Removal (non-mover)
- Botulinum Toxin (up 2 places)
- Dermal Fillers (non-mover)
- Chemical Peels (up 7 places)
- Microdermabrasion (down 3 places)
- Laser and IPL Skin Rejuvenation (up 6 places)
- Laser / IPL Treatment Pigmented/Vascular Problems (down 1 place)
- Sclerotherapy and Microsclerotherapy (up 2 places)
- Specialist Skin Creams (new entrant)
- Medical Skin Needling (up 5 places)
- Laser Tattoo Removal (up 2 places)
- Micropigmentation (Semi-Permanent Make-Up) (new entrant)
- Radiofrequency for Facial Rejuvenation (new entrant)
- Mesotherapy (new entrant)
- Cellulite Treatment (Mechanical Massage) (new entrant)
Top 15 Most Popular Clinic Searches by Product
- Botox ® (non-mover)
- Juvéderm ® ULTRA (non-mover)
- Restylane ® (Perlane, Lip Volume and SubQ) (non-mover)
- Restylane ® Skinboosters (Vital and Lip Refresh) (up 2 places)
- Genuine DermarollerTM(up 2 places)
- Juvéderm ® VOLUMA (up 4 places)
- Sculptra ® (up 2 places)
Generally, the more popular a brand is searched, the more reliable it is. When it comes to choosing cosmetic products, it is important to ensure that they are safe and effective and, ideally, that they are approved by the FDA.