- Skin Medical employs doctors and clinicians, not sales people. We undertake treatment on behalf of local NHS Primary Care Trusts (PCT) and NHS Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCG).
- Our medical consultants and doctors all live locally and have responsibilities within the NHS. This ensures that they are competent and continually assessed to UK standards and available when you need them.
- We employ fully qualified nurse prescribers and doctors in compliance with new prescribing laws for cosmetic injectables.
- All our NHS consultants are on the GMC Specialist Register.
- We invest in fully qualified medical and clinical staff with over five years’ experience in their chosen field. This ensures that our work is of a consistently high standard. It is our policy not to employ sales people or to award commission because we feel our services should not be ‘sold’.
- Nominal consultation fees are refundable against any treatments.
- While we are keen to share our expertise and offer advice, we don’t believe you should pay for the privilege. Any chargeable advice we offer is impartial and free from obligation, leaving you to make your own decisions.
- We are registered and licensed by the Care Quality Commission (CQC) who also regulates and audits the NHS.
- Our registration by the Care Quality Commission emphasises our commitment to best practice and reassures patients of our skills and expertise. Our inspection reports are available for patients and interested persons from our website.
- We have pledged to donate to Cancer Research UK. This means that if you choose us to help you, you’ll be helping others too.
- We’re located in convenient locations – Manchester city centre and Cookridge in Leeds – both are easily accessible by train, bus or car as able parking is available. See our location maps.
- We’re open 6 days a week, including some late evenings, which ensures consultations, treatments and enquiries can be dealt with at your convenience.
- We offer a wide range of treatments using only the best products and technology approved by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) which ensure quality in your treatments.
Skin Medical focuses on the benefits derived from using aesthetic laser procedures to give your skin the best care available. The applications include photo rejuvenation, hair removal, vein treatment, NLite for acne and Vaser for fat removal.
Our aim is to provide quality treatment and aftercare to our clients, to provide diagnosis and evaluation of our patient’s skin condition and, where appropriate, recommend treatment that we believe will benefit the patient. Treatments are undertaken by qualified medical personnel with the relevant laser experience. Confidentiality is maintained at all times and our clients will be well informed and given realistic expectations.
Quality, Openness and Ethics, these are the three standards that we uphold when dealing with our clients, suppliers and the public.
- Quality of Service is key to our business. Whether it be a new or existing client, we know that we can differentiate our clinic by offering sound advice, performing the treatment and ensuring the aftercare reassurance and a reliable point of contact.
- Openness is about being truthful and sharing of information. We pride ourselves in giving realistic expectations at the time of your consultation. We provide you with the relevant information for you to evaluate and decide whether or not you wish to undertake any of the treatment suggested. There is no attempt to sell to our clients.
- Ethics is how we choose to be governed. The clinic is registered and licensed by the Care Quality Commission and is open to annual spot visits to ensure that our standards are maintained. Each medical practitioner is a member of their professional body that governs how those individual members behave.
These three components of our philosophy are captured in the Skin Medical’s clinic pledge to donate annually to Cancer Research UK (charity number 1089464).
Our Range of Treatments
We have invested in high performance laser technology that is capable of delivering the best treatment available. Lumenis, Sound Surgical and NLite lasers are clinically proven to provide the desired benefits of skin rejuvenation, wrinkle reduction, fat and hair removal. See individual treatment pages for more information.
We invest in our medical personnel to ensure that they have access to the best available laser technology and have been trained to the highest standards having attended external training courses. Each medical practitioner has over 5 years qualified experience in their field of expertise. We adopt a strict policy of not employing sales personnel to ensure that our services are not ‘sold’. None of our personnel are remunerated by commission.
We are conveniently located in central Manchester at 20 St Ann’s Square, Manchester which is 10 minutes walk from Piccadilly and 5 minutes from Victoria railway stations. Our Leeds Clinic is located at the Tower Clinic in Cookridge, just outside of the city centre. See our contact page for detailed maps.