Should I see a consultant vascular surgeon? - Skin Medical
cancel icon
Book Consultation

Should I see a consultant vascular surgeon?

If you believe you have a varicose vein then it is recommended that you consult a vascular surgeon on the NHS Specialist register. Consultations at Skin Medical are with experienced vascular surgeons who are on the NHS Specialist register and live and work locally to our clinics. You do not require a referral letter from your GP to have a private consultation and ultrasound scan.

Always tell your Vascular Surgeon:

  • If you are or may be pregnant
  • What medication or drugs, supplements, or herbal medication you are taking.

You may be asked to stop taking aspirin, ibuprofen, warfarin, and any other drugs that make it hard for your blood to clot several days before your treatment.

British Association Of Cosmetic Nurses Three Best Rated PIAPA Care Quality Commission NHS


the round group logo